The Brussels Interdisciplinary Research centre on Migration and Minorities (BIRMM) of VUB, the Centre for the Social Study of Migration and Refugees (CESSMIR) of Ghent University and the Centre for Migration and Intercultural Studies (CeMIS) of the University of Antwerp invite you to their Research and Networking Day. During this joint Research & Networking Day, you can get to know what BIRMM, CESSMIR and CEMIS research centres are doing and their ongoing research projects.
Participants will have the chance to meet & greet researchers working on similar thematic focuses and discuss new ideas to cooperate together.
10.00 Welcome + presentation of the research centres/networks:
- CESSMIR by coordinator dr. Floor Verhaeghe
- BIRMM by coordinator dr. Hannah Vermaut
- CeMIS by coordinator dr. Lore Van Praag
10.45 Networking moment in break out rooms
11.25 Discussion in break out rooms on how to engage and reach out to civil society/non-academic audiences
- Co-creative and participatory research methods
- Education and training
- Policy influencing
11.50 Closing discussion on synergies and future directions.
This research and networking event will happen through Zoom. To participate, please register here to receive a link for the Zoom session.
Please take the time to read the information below to make sure everything runs smoothly:
• You need a Zoom account (check here how to make one). Want to know the ins and outs of Zoom? Check the tutorial here.
• If you already have a Zoom account, make sure it is updated (check here how to do that).
• Log in with the same emailadress as the one you registered with.
• Change your name to First Name + Last Name + your affiliation (BIRMM – CEMIS – CESSMIR). For example 'Floor Verhaeghe CESSMIR'