The biennial Interdisciplinary conference on European Advanced Studies (IDEAS) is a three-day scientific event organised by the Institut d’études européennes of the Université libre de Bruxelles (IEE-ULB) in collaboration with the Brussels School of Governance of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (BSoG-VUB) and the Politics and International Studies Department at the University of Warwick (PaIS-UoW).
The next edition will take place in Brussels from May 11 to 13, 2022 and will be entitled (Dis)Integration from an (in)equality perspective.
The conference is structured around 10 topics which will help structure the overall focus of the conference on ‘(Dis)Integration from an (in)equality perspective’. Scholars interested in presenting their research dealing with inequality and the EU at the IDEAS conference under one of the 10 topics listed below are invited to submit a 250-word abstract. When submitting an abstract, applicants will have to specify under which of the 10 topics they wish to introduce their proposal. Each topic focuses on a given set of substantive challenges associated with (in)equality and EU policies. Both the internal (intra-EU) and external (global) dimensions of said challenges fall within the scope of a topic. You can find the call for papers here.
- Topic 1: Europe and the Concept of Inequality
- Topic 2: EU Governance and Inequality
- Topic 3: Inequal Access to the Common Market
- Topic 4: Unequal Access to Welfare States
- Topic 5: Inequality in the Area of Freedom, Security & Justice
- Topic 6: Digital Divide & Disparities in Information Literacy
- Topic 7: Unequal Access to Environmental Justice
- Topic 8: Social Inequality in Public Health
- Topic 9: Intersectionality in European politics
- Topic 10: Inequality in EU external policies